Do you ever feel like your decisions could be better if back by data? If you’re spending time prospecting for new real estate leads, but nothing seems to be working —perhaps it’s time to look at the data. Here are a few tried-and-true tips for data-driven prospecting.
#1. Timing is everything
According to Tellwise, the average buyer receives over 100 emails a day, opens just 23% and clicks on just 2% of those emails. So now we ask ourselves, what do we need to do to be within that 2%? Since the odds clearly aren’t in our favor, it’s going to take a lot of work to make an impact and grab the attention of a potential buyer.
The data says:
- According to Get Response, the best times to email prospects are between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Experian claims that emails sent on Tuesday’s have the highest open rate compared to other weekdays.
- RingDNA conducted a study and concluded the following, If a salesperson sends an email Tuesday morning, the best days to call and follow up are Wednesdays and Thursdays from 6:45 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- The worst days to make call are Mondays from 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and Friday afternoons, according to RingDNA.
No what, you’re wondering? We’ll here’s how you can use this new insight to your advantage and enhance your sales outreach strategy to improve ROI and generate better, stronger prospects.
Step 1: Draft an outside and save for a canned response
By having a canned responses, you are able to easily personalize your emails before sending. With pre-built templates, you can custom tailor a few key areas to improve the chances of getting a response.
The Aberdeen Group claims that personalized emails improve click-through rates by 14%, and conversion rates by as much as 10%.
Step 2: Schedule the emails
Instead of having to save all of these emails as drafts in your inbox to send at a later time, use a scheduling tool to get them out at the right time, the first time. Eliminating the need to have to come back and revisit again.
#2. Build trust
90% of companies report they will only buy from organizations they trust. So how do you get trust? You build it over time by keep your word and constantly engaging with your prospects.
The data says:
- 83% of consumers are comfortable making a referral after a positive experience, Texas Tech University found.
- Customers are 4x more likely to buy when referred by a friend, according to Nielsen.
Establishing a connection starts with doing the research. Find your buyers on LinkedIn, Twitter, and any industry-specific social channels well before you reach out.
Consider noting the following:
- Where they went to college
- Where they grew up
- Personal topics of interest
Use this new information to make a personal and engaging connection with the prospect. Break the ice and start an easy and free flowing conversation.
#3. Send helpful content
95% of buyers chose a solution from a company that “provided them with ample content to help navigate through each stage of the buying process,” DemandGen Report discovered in a study.
The data say:
- iMedia connection found 68% of buyers feel more positive about a brand after consuming content from it.
- 82% of buyers viewed at least five pieces of content from the winning vendor, according to Forrester.
Relevant case studies help prospects see the bigger picture and understand how the solution works.
#4. Stay persistent
Salespeople quit too quickly. 44% give up after one follow-up, according to Scripted but closing takes time. Be patient and stay persistent. If you don’t hear back from a prospect immediately, following up is key.
The data says:
- 80% of sales require five follow-up phone calls after the meeting, according to The Marketing Donut.
- Inside Sales found that web leads followed up within five minutes are nine times more likely to convert.
- The average salesperson only makes two attempts to reach a prospect, according to Sirius Decisions.
- 93% of converted leads are contacted on the sixth call attempt, according to Velocify.
#5. Take advantage of ProspectNow
Let ProspectNow give you a competitive edge with access to over 100 million properties filtered by predictive analytics to help you find property owners most likely to list or refinance. Detailed property info includes phone numbers, building info and 30 million commercial tenants. Try it today and sign up for FREE.